Small Business Eligibility
For purposes of this program, the term "eligible small business" means a Montana small business that:
- has been in business for not less than the one-year period ending on the date on which assistance is provided;
- meets size definitions used by the SBA (meets size definitions used by the SBA, www.sba.gov/content/table-small-business-size-standards);
- has demonstrated understanding of the costs associated with exporting and doing business with foreign purchasers, including the costs of freight forwarding, customs brokers, packing and shipping;
- has a strategic plan for exporting in effect;
- agrees to provide the program with export sales information resulting from the grant activities.
**Please note: applicants who have previously received program funds for Activities 1 & 2 are limited to one additional grant per activity.