Due to COVID-19 this program is on hold, we will be contacting partners directly when we are ready to transition to a new program.
Joint Venture Marketing Program
Through the Joint Venture Marketing Program, the Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development (MOTBD) aims to provide Joint Venture Partners (JV Partners: regions, CVBs, TBIDs and tourism industry partners) with a variety of affordable joint venture advertising opportunities that leverage the state brand and resources.
The goal is to offer opportunities that shoulder up to MOTBD’s overall plan to make the entire state’s advertising stronger and more cohesive.
All Digital and Print Match options will be available to reserve on Mon. June 22, 2020. The deadline to participate in the VisaVue Research opportunity is August 15, 2020. In order to take advantage of Match Opportunities, JV Partner creative must be co-branded and approved by MOTBD.
Full details on the FY21 plan can be found in the pdf and video below.
FY21 Joint Venture Plan PDF
FY21 Joint Venture Plan Video
Why take advantage of joint venture advertising options?
By leveraging MOTBD's media buy, JV Partners can:
- Buy into opportunities at lower negotiated rates.
- Receive placements in premium positioning within premium content websites.
- Capitalize on consumer awareness built by MOTBD to increase interest and bookings for the JV Partner's destination or business.
How does joint venture advertising work?
Joint venture ads appear among Montana brand ads for increased impact. While the Montana brand ads provide inspiration and answer the question, “Why Montana?” joint venture ads have the opportunity to provide the answer to “Where/How Montana?”
MOTBD has identified three messaging tiers that follow the traveler's journey from inspiration to planning to booking. Tier 1, the State Level, provides inspiration and creates intrigue. Tier 2, the Regional/Town Level, provides a sense of location within Montana. Tier 3, the Business/Resort Level, promotes actionable items such as booking.
TIER 1: INSPIRATION
The State Level provides inspiration and creates intrigue.
TIER 2: ORIENTATION
The Regional/Town Level provides a sense of location within Montana.
TIER 3: FACILITATION
The Business/Resort Level promotes booking.
It is important that the tiers work together. MOTBD creates interest and adds value to the regions and towns. Businesses and resorts further support the regions and towns message, closing the deal.
Advertising to the Canadian Market
All of the digital Match Opportunities offer the option to market to Canadian markets. This will be discussed on kick-off calls once campaigns are secured, but please reach out with questions.
Other Benefits and Notes
With Match Opportunities, JV Partners have the option to work with MOTBD’s Agency of Record, Hoffman York, to utilize their resources. For more information or assistance with developing match creative, please reach out to Amy Barber at Hoffman York who will work with you to set up a kickoff call to discuss asset deliverables.
Amy Barber, Hoffman York
Agency Service Assumptions and Restrictions for Media & Reporting
- All campaigns will run in accordance with the IAB Standard Terms and Conditions version 3.
- Pursuant to the IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, notice to cancel must be provided in writing to Nick Johnson ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amy Barber ( email@example.com) 14 days prior to the effective cancellation date.
- Billing will be based on 3 rd party audited impressions provided by Google Campaign Manager for match campaigns where Hoffman York (HY) is using Google Campaign Manager on JV Partners' behalf. This stipulation must be included on both the HY signed Insertion Order (IO) and the JV Partner signed IO with the vendor.
- All match opportunities must first be secured with the vendor by HY. HY will submit half of the IO to the vendor, purchasing the State’s portion, and then the vendor will mimic the IO parameters and send directly to the JV Partner to secure the second mirrored half of the buy. Each JV Partner is responsible for reviewing the vendor’s IO including but not limited to geo-targeting (if specified), total cost and terms of payment. Any requests or changes pertaining to a media schedule need to be routed through Nick Johnson and Amy Barber at HY. HY will update IO to inform the vendor and the vendor will share updated IO parameters with JV Partner.
- HY will provide monthly 3rd party audited reporting to each JV Partner. Reports will be submitted 1-2 weeks post month and include Impressions, Clicks, Click-Thru Rate, Percent Delivered and Impressions within audited Geography. Any additional reporting needs or ongoing metric requests (e.g. VersaTag, conversions, etc.) will be on a case-by-case basis and potentially subject to additional fees.
- For match programs, HY is happy to assist with coordinating geo-targeting specifications with the vendor and to include these parameters on the IO. A minimum of 10-business days written email notice must be provided for all geo-requests. However, please keep in mind (even though vendors may accommodate custom geo-parameters such as radiuses) HY reporting will include geo-verification down to a National, State or DMA level due to the standard limitations of 3 rd party verification tools. Additional geo-targeting may also include additional fees; these will be disclosed and will need to be approved by the partner before finalizing.